The Fate of Standalone Dental: Revisited
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM (CT)
presented by West Monroe Partners
Find out more about challenges and opportunities facing the dental benefits industry Sept. 22 at 10 AM Central when West Monroe presents The Fate of Standalone Dental: Revisited, the opening general session for Virtual CONVERGE 2020, offered live and via recording.
For background information, see West Monroe’s recently published report, Convergence of Dental and Health Insurance Accelerates, which provides industry insights regarding the future of standalone dental plans. The report contains key findings from West Monroe’s research such as:
- Updates from the 2018 research: What’s new, what’s changing, etc.
- Data and insights from health, dental, and ancillary plans
- COVID’s impact on convergence
- How all carriers can prepare and seize the opportunities from convergence
- Consumer demands and strategic market shifts
- Drivers and impediments to convergence
Meanwhile NADP research offers the following information about the current dental benefits market.
The Enrollment Survey reports:
- Less than 1% of covered individuals obtain dental benefits as part of a medical plan.
- 93% of covered individuals receive benefits from their employer or other group programs like AARP.
- An additional 7.1% buy individual coverage.
According to the Employer Survey:
- About half of all employers purchase standalone dental from a carrier different than the one providing medical coverage
- About 4 of every 10 employers purchase a standalone dental plan in conjunction with medical coverage from the same carrier
- Only 3% of employers purchased a medical plan that included dental coverage in a single policy
What does all this mean? Presenters Benjamin Baenen and Kristin Irving of West Monroe will help you gain understanding and knowledge about these factors and how they will impact the industry when you attend Virtual CONVERGE 2020.